Monday, February 23, 2009

Sean Penn is an Idiot

I make it a point to not watch the Academy Awards every year. So instead I was watching the Sprint Cup race at the Auto Club Speedway in CA. After a kind of disappointing finish (rain delay) last week, Matt Kenseth won after going into the delay in first place. Many thought that had the race continued, he would not have won. But this week, he put those concerns to rest. Kenseth became the first driver since Jeff Gordon in 1997 to win the first 2 races of the season. And he won in a dominant fashion. After not winning any races in 2008, both Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth were in a race of champions. Matt made no mistakes and finished on top. So the checkered flags flies, the drivers go across the line and take their places. But I wanted to see the burnout and victory lane before we change the station. Now it's 9:15pm and we start flipping through channels. And somehow we end up on the Oscars. So I guess I'll see who they chose as best actor. All of the nominees are actors I either don't know or don't care for. But when they chose Sean Penn, I was wondering, "Why did they choose this guy?" Then while I was listening to his speech, I found out why Hollywood put him on the podium. Just watch...




For him to use an opportunity where the entire world is watching to push his and all the other Hollynuts opinions on us is more shameful than his accusation of everyone who voted for the gay marriage ban in CA. The world does not revolve around Hollywood. These people want to see the destruction of humankind as it is just so they or their friends won't themselves feel ashamed to practice an immoral way of life. Give me a break.

I think it's time to start (if you haven't already) boycotting any movie featuring Sean Penn. Let him see the results of his pathetic actions.

1 comment:

  1. Great posting David. I completely agree with you (as you know), and I find it VERY unfair and un-democratic that they are allowed that freedom of expressing their opinions, and we are stifled. And they call US close-minded! One very key thing here that helps me calm down a bit (b/c I get SO upset sometimes at what this nation is accepting as "normal") is that the most powerful thing we can do for our country is Pray.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?